Sad News - Aubrey Cartman (Maximus/Maxine Carrington)

Channel-based news and announcements.

Sad News - Aubrey Cartman (Maximus/Maxine Carrington)

Postby Sisip » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 pm

It is with sad hearts that the staff at Cobalt share this news.

Our friend and member here at Cobalt, Aubrey Cartman (Maximus / Maxine Carrington viewtopic.php?f=19&t=80 ), passed away during the early morning hours of June 17, 2012.

Aubrey was never afraid to be himself, even when being himself meant flying in the face of normal conventional thought. He was caring to a fault, always there to lend an ear when things were rough.

I'm sure many of us who knew Aubrey will never look at buses, trains or planes the same way ever again. He adored any means of transportation, you could give him a bus route and a bus number and he could tell you the details of that bus. You could give him a flight number and airport and he could tell you the details of the plane you were going to fly on. His dream in life was to learn how to drive tractor trailers, so that he could indulge in his transportation enjoyment and travel to 'see the sights'. He was able to tell that I was driving in a Jeep Cherokee just by looking at the layout of the dash and the first time I ever spoke with him he was riding the train home from his job working for his local school district.

Aubrey's death was sudden but his life was not faint. His memory will always be with us and his legacy will continue through the pieces of the Cobalt Hill world he fashioned for his, and our, enjoyment.

Aubrey was my friend, and a very dear one. This world is a colder place without him in it.

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

08/04/1982 - 06/17/2012

The world is made up of stories, not atoms. ~Muriel Rukeyser
Sisip

Return to Announcements