Electric Charlotte

Electric Charlotte

Postby vile » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:15 pm

"Well hello there, sexy." a caffeinated Jameson chimes as he leans towards the magically unbreakable glass cage sitting in one of the Cobalt laboratories. Encased in the see-through tomb is a fuzzy brown spider the size of a great dane, a variety that looks like a tarantula, beady black eyes watching him with interest. Today it doesn't strike but wants to, legs tight, ready to spring. "Aww wookit tha cute widdle spider." like a genius, he raps against the outside of the cage and is rewarded by, surprise surprise, a strike. James' chair bolts back, retreating from the spider. "Well f you too, buddy." is muttered under his breath.

On the man's lap is an iPad2, a basic engineering application open on it. Sketched out already is a basic form of a spider, made up of straight bars, gears and the rest of the framework. "I'll get you a buddy made in no time and some little baby spiders to hitch a ride, too." he tells the bug. A couple flicks of his fingers and music starts playing, the sort of tune CSI would play during a lab scene. "I'm surprised none of the bio people haven't cut you open yet or, uh, set your butt free to lead us back to your place." the techie mutters under his breath as the spider framework is rotated with a turn of his hand. "Maybe because they're too busy playing with themselves, huh? Lotta help they are."

It doesn't take long to complete the body, slap a generic skin on it and the tablet is turned around so the spider can get a look. He's rewarded with another fruitless strike. "Hey, I don't think it looks that bad. I think it'll work! If not then, well, maybe I'll stick some lasers on it so the thing can kill some of your buddies, eh?" the pad is taken back and laid down again, mentioned laser cannons soon attached to the diagram spider's body.

"Get you some headgear to put on, too. GPS unit, video and sound recording equipment..." is muttered under his breath, "If they can put that mess on a monitor lizard or penguin, I think we could attach it to Charlotte."

Once the design is completed, he beams with delight, saves the thing and mails it off to a couple of people for reviewing. A charming smile is flashed to the spider, "Until next time, hot stuff." he chimes and heads out of the lab, looking forward to getting back to his own to get to work.
vile

Return to Stories