New mIRC Cut and Auto-color script for RP - Voodoo v1.0

New mIRC Cut and Auto-color script for RP - Voodoo v1.0

Postby freakuancy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Hello all! Some of you may or may not recognize me from various roleplays on starchat, darkmyst and sorcery

A lot of people have been asking for a cut and auto-color script that works with the new versions of mIRC
and doesn't have the length limitations of Switchblade.

So....
voodoo.zip

This is based on everyones favorite cut script (I've seen it on your boards as well as BDI and countless others) with an auto-color incorporated in that supports dialog, telepathy, and a 3rd format you can use for foreign languages or whatever you so please.

The script can be fully customized via an options dialog (no more editing script code directly!), and you can toggle the colorization features on or off on a per-channel basis.

Keep in mind this must be loaded into mIRC properly, not simply pasted in. See the code comments for more information (super-obvious text at the top of the code).

Dear mods: Please don't delete this post. It is not spam or malware, I wrote this for OUR community. If this somehow violates your boards Terms of Use please notify me so we might discuss a better distribution method. Thanks!
freakuancy

Re: New mIRC Cut and Auto-color script for RP - Voodoo v1.0

Postby freakuancy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:45 pm

New version 1.1 has been uploaded that fixes a bug that was limited to query windows.
Just replace the voodoo.mrc and reload.

This will probably be the only update to 1.x as I've already begun working on v2.0, which will be an almost complete re-write.

Expected Features in 2.0 include:

A new trigger and color engine that adds much more flexibility to user-defined color styles and bracket styles
Separate toggles for the cut and color functions
Per-character settings profiles
PNicks

If you have any other features you'd like to see in 2.0 please let me know. Thanks!
freakuancy

Re: New mIRC Cut and Auto-color script for RP - Voodoo v1.0

Postby freakuancy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 pm

New version 1.2 has been uploaded that adds the ability to use mIRC's built-in cut engine as an alternative to the scripts cut engine.

I'm kind of taking my time getting started with version 2.0, as right now there seems to be limited interest.
If you'd like to see version 2.0 take shape and/or have feature requests or comments, PLEASE sound off below.
Thanks!
freakuancy

Return to Chatter