Computer Problems

Computer Problems

Postby Thomas`Marshall » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Some of you may have noticed that I randomly disconnect without saying bye or anything...
The internet connection on my laptop seems to crap out for 10-15 seconds for no reason before coming back on. If anyone has any clue what is going on, please let me know what you think could be happening. This is really starting to irritate me and I'd like to get it fixed before I bust a $1500 laptop. Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me out.
Thomas`Marshall

Re: Computer Problems

Postby Brad » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Have you updated drivers for your wireless card?
Brad

Postby Thomas`Marshall » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:30 am

How exactly do I go about doing that?
Thomas`Marshall

Postby Brad » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:20 am

Find out what model or make your wireless card/adapter is. I'm assuming you're on Windows, so go to your Control Panel, open up the System icon, go to Hardware, and check out the Device Manager option. You're looking for it under Network Adapters. Write down what it says there, and then go to the website for the manufacturer. They should have support sections with downloads for updated drivers, which you just download and install, then reboot. Usually drivers are in packages, so you probably won't have to worry too much about finding the EXACT driver for your EXACT card.

There's no guarantee it will work, but it's generally a good first attempt at fixing an issue like that.
Brad

Return to Chatter